Lead

Aug 17 04 12:52 AM

Tags : :

Anyone know how big a pair of these are usually?

.:Pearl:.|.:Sabian:.|.:Evans:.|.:Pro-Mark:.

Australian Correspondent
Pearl Army General.

Quote    Reply   

#1 [url]

Aug 17 04 2:23 AM

Damn that's a good question!
I just spent a good 15 minutes of company time searching all the major stick manufacturer's pages but didn't come up with anything.
You got me interested too now!

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Aug 17 04 3:08 PM

Hmm.. not sure.

Although..

On the Vic Firth site they have a pair of 1A's and a pair of 3A's.
Both are the same size L=16 13/16" Dia= .580".
The only difference is the tip. The 1A's have their 'taj mahal' tip (acorn)
and the 3A's have a barrel tip.

So what's you thinking now Luck?

I think if they made a 2A, it would probably just have a different tip again maybe...?

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Aug 17 04 3:11 PM

..if you were after a huge stick, maybe give the Vic Firth metals a try. I've got a pair of these and they are MASSIVE!
Kak uses them too I think.

They're L=17", Dia.=.635"

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Aug 17 04 4:01 PM

Are you sure they make 2A's? As far as I am aware, they are not actually produced by any major makers. that said, as a general rule, the A of a size is just a bit thinner than the B. like 5A and 5B.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Aug 17 04 4:33 PM

QUOTE (LDG @ Aug 17 2004, 04:24 PM)
yeah thats kinda what I was thinking, I didn't find info on a 2A what-so-ever

just like 1B, 3B and 4A or 4B are not made.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Aug 17 04 11:03 PM

Oh they make them allright. Just look

Trouble is they don't give the sizes, you could always e-mail them and ask.

Check out some of the vintage [url=http://www.drumandbass.org]drums[/url] too, some nice stuff!

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Aug 18 04 8:51 PM

QUOTE (Kakumba @ Aug 17 2004, 02:01 PM)
Are you sure they make 2A's? As far as I am aware, they are not actually produced by any major makers. that said, as a general rule, the A of a size is just a bit thinner than the B. like 5A and 5B.

John Bonham used Ludwig 2As so they do exist. I would believe they are about .610-.615

Australian Correspondent
Pearl Army General.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Aug 19 04 1:51 AM

I held a pair of Vater 2Bs today. I didn't realise what it was till I looked at the label, it was just sitting by the cymbal display. Not much different from the 5Bs as far as I could tell, just a cilantro chunkier... it seemed kind of short, too.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Aug 19 04 4:00 PM

QUOTE (SPAZ @ Aug 19 2004, 01:51 AM)
I held a pair of Vater 2Bs today. I didn't realise what it was till I looked at the label, it was just sitting by the cymbal display. Not much different from the 5Bs as far as I could tell, just a cilantro chunkier... it seemed kind of short, too.

A 2B is a pretty huge leap from a 5B, you should be able to tell the difference. but anyways, in my experience, that is the way most drummers change stick, accidentally, and then realize they really like it.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Aug 19 04 11:33 PM

thats how i got my current sticks using Vaters then picking up a pair of promarks and going wow nice.

Australian Correspondent
Pearl Army General.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Aug 19 04 11:40 PM

QUOTE (Luck7 @ Aug 19 2004, 11:33 PM)
thats how i got my current sticks using Vaters then picking up a pair of promarks and going wow nice.

Just like I said. so, why did you want to know the size of 2A by the way?

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Aug 20 04 12:39 AM

Eh, when I first picked it up I thought they were a crap no-name brand, but then I saw the 'Vater'. Must have just been a really clean wood, didn't see a grain.

Hmm... maybe it seemed shorter because it was so much thicker. I didn't really get a good look. I was next to the cymbal display, plenty of shiny things to catch my attention

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Aug 20 04 6:39 PM

One of the teachers at my school has a new pair, gonna try them over the weekend.

Australian Correspondent
Pearl Army General.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help